Our subject matter experts on this course include people like Michael Titshall. Michael is the Vice President and Managing Director of R/GA Australia, a global creative consultancy with various innovation offerings that include R/GA’s adaptive e-commerce approach. He is passionate about helping brands grow through creative solutions, having led agencies across the spectrum of brand, creative, technology and media services.
E-commerce Strategy and Experience
Become a robust e-commerce player with the capability to excel in your category, deliver excellent customer experiences, and make strategic choices about where to invest your capital.
- None, however we do recommend students have basic knowledge of business strategy and operations.
- Time commitment
- 6 weeks (8-10 hours per week) 100% online
Level up your skills and qualifications as a digital native
Whether you’re looking to lead an e-commerce project, join the e-commerce team, or make strategic choices about where to invest your business' limited e-commerce capital, this course will equip you with the tools and skills to complete a robust e-commerce strategy and roadmap. You’ll identify how and where your business can excel in its category, and how to optimise your entire value chain including front and back of house operations.
Our E-commerce Strategy and Experience course is best suited for:
- Professionals looking for e-commerce skills to complete work projects or join an e-commerce team. This includes managers and specialists from marketing, IT, product, merchandising, customer experience or UX, strategy, supply chain and logistics. You'll be looking to design an e-commerce strategy, join the e-commerce team, or establish an e-commerce business solution.
- Startups and businesses needing to make strategic choices about where to invest their e-commerce capital.
This course is ideal for individuals and businesses with brick-and-mortar operations, physical products, and/or medium-to-large retail organisations.
- Evaluate trends and opportunities for customer and business solutions in e-commerce
- Produce an e-commerce strategy including business category and value chain considerations
- Recommend a business solution for one of the strategic priority areas
- Justify using relevant metrics to aid decision making in e-commerce experiences
By the end of this course, you'll be able to make strategic choices about which customer and back end experiences to prioritise and where to invest your limited e-commerce capital. You'll also create an e-commerce experience strategy and deployment plan for one focus area for a business of your choice.
Get RMIT credentialed
After completing an RMIT Future Skills course, you will earn an RMIT credential which can be validated, recognised and shared on social media platforms.
Introducing the e-commerce value chain
- Unpack different e-commerce landscapes including trends, customer experiences (CX), and understand the difference between e-commerce and physical commerce
- Explore various aspects of the value chain and how analytics can be applied to them
- Examine why CX is important and good elements of CX, including trends, analytics and metrics
- Explore different strategies available to connect and deliver products, including personalisation, subscription models, social commerce, and omni-channel approaches
Exploring customer, brand, and product fit
- Identify your customer in the digital landscape and use analytics to further define who they are
- Define your product or service and forecast customer demand by identifying your value proposition
- Understand the importance of aligning and optimising your brand, product, and customer fit and how this impacts the value chain
Explore lead generation in the marketplace
- Discover strategies for lead generation in the digital landscape, including the use of third-party sites and social media
- Uncover different methods for customer acquisition and understand opportunities, challenges, and costs of acquisition in e-commerce
- Examine the benefits and drawbacks of using third party sites and understand how brick-and-mortar operations influence the e-commerce landscape
Sticky sites, conversion rates, and lifetime value
- Understand e-commerce conversion methods and rates, and learn the importance that user experience and user interface can have on your sales
- Analyse techniques to make your e-commerce sticky and increase sales, including opportunities around basket sizes and abandoned carts
- Unpack ways to drive brand and customer loyalty, including how A/B testing can help maximise value chain opportunities
Unpacking, warehousing and shipping
- Investigate frameworks for managing inventory and uncover best practice stock management techniques for optimising margins
- Understand innovative analytical tools that are necessary for successful e-commerce warehousing and distribution
- Explore the future of e-commerce including trends and what to look out for
- Stay across the analytical tools and the importance of continuously evaluating your e-commerce strategy and implementation
Learn with Industry Experts
Get ready to meet some of the biggest names in the business
David Pisker is the General Manager – Strategy and Innovation at Officeworks. Prior to this, David was the General Manager – Customer Experience & E-commerce within the company. With over 20 years’ experience, David’s has helped deliver customer-focused solutions to a range of local and international industries. David is also a passionate contributor to the CX and digital communities, including speaking, writing, and podcasting for several major publications and conferences.
Geoff Kwan has spent the last 20 years in a variety of digital, technology, and e-commerce roles and industries. With an engineering degree and a passion for technology, Geoff has led digital and e-commerce functions in businesses such as Foxtel and Samsung. Currently he is the Vice-Presidient, Digital and Product Technology at Koala. At Koala, Geoff is part of the team that looks after its global websites and its end-to-end e-commerce platform, ensuring customers have the best possible experience with Koala.
Our learner success team are here to help you with 1:1 coaching, tips on how to successfully study online, and any questions or concerns you may have.