Graduate Certificate in Digital Transformation
Accelerate your career with the practical and technical skills to lead and execute a successful digital transformation. Learn how to maximise your company's return on investment by redefining its people, processes, and technological capabilities.
Digital transformation is becoming increasingly important for companies looking to respond to changing market conditions and technological disruption. It focuses on leveraging technology to reimagine a organisations’ strategy, people, and processes to deliver improved customer and business outcomes.
Ideal for mid-senior managers and consultants with some exposure to digital transformations, our project-based assessments mean you’ll create projects for real-world business scenarios. Gain job-ready skills and be able to make an immediate impact within your organisation. Never feel like you’re studying alone with support from world-class online facilitators who are the best and what they do. Being 100% online, get 24/7 on-demand access to the course content, ensuring you don’t have to reduce your work or compromise your lifestyle. Plus, you’ll graduate with a globally recognised postgraduate qualification.
What you'll learn
- Develop digital, customer-first strategies
- Redesign business and operating models
- Identify digital transformation initiatives and assess return on investment
- Define the people, process and technology capabilities required to undertake transformation
- Understand how to successfully execute transformation
- Turn data and analytics into insights to drive decision making
- Build soft skills for modern businesses like digital leadership, culture change, and agile teamwork
- Organisational assessment for your company
- Completed business model design
- Digital transformation strategy
- Business cultural analysis
- Recommendations report and enablers plan
- Digital transformation initiative roadmap
- Digital transformation business case
- Execution and evaluation plan
Digital Transformation Strategy and Governance
This course lays down the strategy and governance groundwork required for a digital transformation. You’ll identify opportunities for transformation and develop a strategy that will explore new, innovative business models and governance structures. You’ll also uncover how you can leverage emerging technology to deliver business value.
Digital Transformation Enablers
Develop the mindset, organisational, culture, and skills to lead a team through successful change. Learn how to make data-driven decisions, and gain insights from valuable data sources. Equip yourself with the ability to use technology such as machine learning to create personalised processes and product.
Digital Transformation Execution
Learn how to tackle the most challenging part of a digital transformation; execution. Understand the capability, communication, and operational frameworks that lead to failure, and develop strategies to mitigate these. Develop key artefacts such as business cases, budgets, and initiative roadmaps to clearly articulate and support your transformation process.
Future Skills elective
For this elective, you will choose one of the following four Future Skills elective bundles.
- Digital Leadership and Digital Delivery with Agile
- Digital Leadership and Customer Experience Strategy and Design
- Developing Blockchain Strategy and Cyber Security Risk and Governance
- Developing AI Strategy and Cyber Security Risk and Governance
For further information, please refer to the program brochure
Your learning team
An Australian bachelor degree or equivalent, or higher level qualification in a related field from a recognised tertiary institution. You may also be considered for the graduate certificate if you have a minimum 5-year full-time related work experience. Applicants will need to submit a CV.
International students are required to provide current evidence of English language proficiency for admission to RMIT University. You can provide your results from one of these three options:
An accepted English language proficiency test, or
An accepted English language provider, or
A recognised Australian or international qualification.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit the English language requirements and equivalency information.
Australian Student Visas
RMIT’s Online Graduate Certificate in Digital Transformation does not meet Australian student visa requirements. For an Australian student visa, you must have an on-campus place in a program of study. For more details on RMIT’s on-campus programs visit rmit.edu.au.