Graduate Certificate in Digital Transformation
Accelerate your career with the practical and technical skills to lead and execute a successful digital transformation. Learn how to maximise your company's return on investment by redefining its people, processes, and technological capabilities.
Please use plan code GC178O in the application system for this program.
Digital transformation is becoming increasingly important for companies looking to respond to changing market conditions and technological disruption. It focuses on leveraging technology to reimagine organisational strategy, people, and processes to deliver improved customer and business outcomes.
Ideal for mid-senior managers and consultants with some exposure to digital transformations, our project-based assessments mean you’ll create projects for real-world business scenarios. Gain job-ready skills and be able to make an immediate impact within your organisation. Never feel like you’re studying alone with support from world-class online facilitators who are the best and what they do. Being 100% online, get 24/7 on-demand access to the course content, ensuring you don’t have to reduce your work or compromise your lifestyle. Plus, you’ll graduate with a globally recognised postgraduate qualification.
What you'll learn
- Develop digital, customer-first strategies
- Redesign business and operating models
- Identify digital transformation initiatives and assess return on investment
- Define the people, process and technology capabilities required to undertake transformation
- Understand how to successfully execute transformation
- Turn data and analytics into insights to drive decision making
- Build soft skills for modern businesses like digital leadership, culture change, and agile teamwork
- Organisational assessment for your company
- Completed business model design
- Digital transformation strategy
- Business cultural analysis
- Recommendations report and enablers plan
- Digital transformation initiative roadmap
- Digital transformation business case
- Execution and evaluation plan
While we have a suggested program structure below, the courses in this graduate certificate can be completed in any order.
Digital Transformation Strategy and Governance
This course will enable you to identify opportunities for digital transformation and develop innovative and compelling strategies, aligned across business functions and customer experiences. The fundamentals of digital business and operating models will be taught, including the governance structures and systems that support these to successfully manage and deliver transformation.
You will learn about the impact of technology disruption on business models and industries, and how to leverage these technologies to create business value. Key theories and frameworks covered include business strategy, transformation measurement, governance and organisational theory.
- Design new business and operating models to respond to digital disruption and transformation challenges
- Construct an innovative digital transformation strategy with clearly articulated business benefits
- Critically evaluate the organisational implications of digital transformation across business functions, processes and systems
Digital Transformation Enablers
This course covers the fundamental enablers required to successfully undertake digital transformation. You will learn how to develop an organisational culture and teams that are ready to embrace and drive change, and the mindsets required. You will dive into the world of data and analytics, and understand how as a leader you can use these to generate insights and make data driven decisions.
You will be equipped to identify valuable data sources and opportunities, and transform these into insights, personalised experiences, more efficient processes and innovative products through the application of emerging technologies. Key theories and frameworks covered include change theory, organisational culture, business
analytics, technology strategy, and data visualisation.
- Evaluate the role of people, process and technology as key transformation enablers and apply learnings to an organisational context
- Formulate a range of hypotheses and recommendations by interpreting data visualisations and analytical outputs
- Diagnose an organisation’s readiness for transformation and develop a plan to address enablers
Digital Transformation Execution
In this course, you will address one of the most difficult challenges of any transformation effort – the execution, particularly at an initiative level. You will dissect why execution often fails due to capability, communication and operational shortcomings and strategies to mitigate these challenges.
You will learn how to sell and communicate your vision and develop key artefacts including business cases, budgets and initiative road maps. Key theories and frameworks covered include effective communication, project evaluation, cost and benefit analysis, project management.
- Critically compare the outcomes of various initiatives within an organisation’s context and develop prioritised recommendations
- Justify and clearly communicate the rationale and measurable benefits of transformation initiatives
- Design and develop plans to execute transformation initiatives that reflect an understanding of an organisation’s strengths and limitations
Future Skills elective
For this elective, you will choose one of the following four Future Skills elective bundles.
- Digital Leadership and Digital Delivery with Agile
- Digital Leadership and Customer Experience Strategy and Design
- Developing Blockchain Strategy and Cyber Security Risk and Governance
- Developing AI Strategy and Cyber Security Risk and Governance
- Cyber Security Strategy Project
RMIT's Cyber Security Cloud Innovation Centre (CIC) is a long-term collaboration between RMIT and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The CIC is backed by AWS’ cloud technology and expertise in machine learning, high performance computing, and data analytics, ensuring prototypes are equipped to deliver practical solutions using cutting edge tools and technology.
Throughout the CIC Innovation Challenge, multidisciplinary student teams work with AWS experts across areas of innovation, design, and technology to co-create solutions to real-world problems related to cyber security. As part of this course, you’ll design a cyber security solution that will address industry challenges through applying AWS’s digital innovation techniques and approaches. For more information on this course, see our program brochure.
For further information, please refer to the program brochure.
Learn with industry experts
Dr Aida Ghalebeigi is the Program Manager for online programs in the School of Accounting, Information Systems, and Supply Chain. Aida has taught and developed courses online and face-to-face for both offshore and onshore programs, across undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In her research, she investigates gender equality in the workplaces,
With over 19 years' experience in learning design both domestically and internationally, Joyce has a passion for building dynamic, engaging and world-class learning experiences.
Our student success team are here to help you with 1:1 coaching, tips on how to successfully study online, and any questions or concerns you may have.
Why choose RMIT Online
Get a world-class education and transform your career.
Real world skills
Develop skills that have been validated by industry, while getting credentialed by a world-leading university.
You'll gain knowledge and practical skills from renowned industry partners who are at the forefront of their field.
Advance your career while you study. RMIT Online courses let you balance work, study and life commitments.
Be guided by a network of industry experts and peers, and supported by our dedicated success team.
An Australian bachelor degree or equivalent, or higher level qualification in a related field from a recognised tertiary institution. You may also be considered for the graduate certificate if you have a minimum 5-year full-time related work experience. Applicants will need to submit a CV.
International students are required to provide current evidence of English language proficiency for admission to RMIT University. You can provide your results from one of these three options:
An accepted English language proficiency test, or
An accepted English language provider, or
A recognised Australian or international qualification.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit the English language requirements and equivalency information.
Australian Student Visas
RMIT’s Online Graduate Certificate in Digital Transformation does not meet Australian student visa requirements. For an Australian student visa, you must have an on-campus place in a program of study. For more details on RMIT’s on-campus programs visit rmit.edu.au.
At RMIT Online, we're committed to supporting your lifelong learning journey. Our flexible learning pathways can be tailored to align with your individual educational goals. Some of our Future Skills short courses, when taken in certain combinations, are eligible for credit in the Graduate Certificate in Digital Transformation.
For a full list of the two-course Future Skills combinations and eligibility, please refer here. To be eligible for a credit transfer, you will also need to meet this program’s entry requirements. The Future Skills course must be a current credential or completed within the last 10 years. Individual Future Skills courses are not recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
3840 per course
15360 all 4 courses
Download a brochure
For a closer look at what you'll do in this program and where it can take you, fill out this form to get your free course guide