Recruitment Privacy Statement
Recruitment Privacy Statement
If you have any objections to this Privacy Statement, you should not access or use our website, send your resume or any other personal information through this service.
This website is hosted by LiveHire, a contracted service provider of RMIT Online, and some of your personal information will be stored on the LiveHire database located in Australia. Privacy and data security assurance is required by RMIT as part of the contracting process.
Personal information that we collect about you
We collect and process personal information for recruitment purposes, including but not limited to, assessing and processing applications for employment, employment selection, and future job opportunities at RMIT Online.
The information we collect includes:
- Your name, address and contact details such as email address and telephone number
- Details of your qualification, employment history, experiences
- Your current remuneration expectation including benefit entitlements
- Health or medical information whether you have a disability in which we need to make any necessary adjustment during the recruitment process and employment
- Work entitlement in Australia including any visa you hold
- Information on any clearances required, such as, a Work with Children Check or Police Check.
By submitting your personal information, you consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information for the purpose of being considered for employment at RMIT Online. Information collected about you will be managed securely, used and disclosed for the purposes described in this statement or otherwise required by law.
Your personal information will be accessed, used, disclosed to/by those involved in recruitment, hiring and background screening activities and those managing or facilitating this process, including contracted service providers to RMIT who provide such services to RMIT Online and not for any other purpose, as follows:
- During the period your information is held, your information may be shared with other teams that are seeking to fill positions. You may be a suitable candidate for a position for which you have not applied. In this case, you will be advised by email or telephone and asked if you consent to being considered for another position. You will be forwarded information about that position or advised how to locate it on the web.
- When arranging interviews for shortlisted candidates, including any invitation to undertake an online interview via Zoom or My Interview.
- Should you be shortlisted or selected for certain positions, you may be asked to give consent to obtaining a Police Check and/or a Working with Children Check via our contracted service provider CVCheck.
- When considering candidates for a position, RMIT Online may verify details of past results and/or qualifications you hold from other educational institutions and professional bodies. RMITO uses contract service provider CVCheck to verify academic qualifications.
- When contacting your nominated referees. Comments by your nominated referees are confidential unless the referee authorises the release of that information.
- Should you be appointed to a position at RMITO, your information will be transferred to staff employment records and managed in accordance with RMIT policies and procedures including the RMIT Staff Privacy Statement. RMIT is required under law to collect and report details, such as, your Tax File Number to the Australian Taxation Office.
- De-identified information may be used for RMIT planning and improvement processes.
- To fulfil legal requirements as required by relevant country laws.
You may access, update or correct your personal information while it remains on this website via log in. Where practical, the information will only be held for as long as required including, for example, to meet legal requirements or our needs. If you are a resident of the European Union for the purposes of the GDPR, in addition to what is set out above, the following applies to you.
- RMIT is a data controller and processor, and LiveHire is a data processor for the purposes of the GDPR. By consenting to this Recruitment Privacy Statement, RMIT Online can process your personal data.
- You may withdraw all or part of your consent to the use of your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at RMIT.
- If your application is unsuccessful and/or do not wish to be considered for future positions as described above, you can submit a request at email@example.com to delete your information. Permanent deletion of your personal data is subject to the Public Record Office Victoria standards. For further information on how we handle personal information, please refer to the RMIT Privacy Statement.
By continuing with the application process, you agree to the following:
- The information I have provided in my application is current and accurate.
- I understand and accept the conditions in this recruitment privacy statement.