This course introduces you to digital products. You will gain an understanding of how they are conceived and designed for local and international markets. Using design thinking frameworks, you will experience the process of new product development (NPD), problem definition, opportunity scoping, and ethical design research.
You will be introduced to the various team and stakeholder roles and capabilities that are required to successfully bring new digital products to market, including the importance of persuasive storytelling and a sound business case.
- Interpret and evaluate market opportunities to develop new digital products.
- Synthesise ethical design research and market research and apply to new product development.
- Assess and communicate the risks associated with a future product’s market size or impact opportunity for potential customers.
- Review and propose various operational scenarios of an interdisciplinary team at key stages during product development.
- Propose and present product research and development to stakeholders using appropriate protocols to ensure and maintain transparency.