Udacity’s subject matter experts on this course include people like Daniel Silber-Baker. Daniel is a programmer, poet, and educational design expert. He has a master’s degree from NYU’s Interactive Telecommunications Program, and his professional career has stretched across the non-profit, corporate, and academic spheres.
Front End Web Developer
Gain the tools, knowledge, and experience to make a variety of websites and applications and kickstart your career as a front end web developer.
- Time commitment
- 16 weeks (10 hours per week) 100% online
100% online, workplace ready education
This course will equip you with the knowledge, skills, and practical experience to become a valuable addition to any team working within web development, app development, software development, digital marketing, and e-commerce. Potential job opportunities for graduates for this course include:
• Front end web developer/engineers
• UI/UX developers
• Front end designers
Who this course is for:
- Junior-mid level developers looking to further their capabilities as a front end web developer
- UX/UI and visual designers with foundational programming skills, looking to further develop their capabilities with a programming skillset
- Laying out a simple webpage using HTML
- Styling a website element using CSS
- Inspecting websites using Developer Tools on a modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Edge)
Don't have these skills? Not to worry. You can develop the necessary programming capabilities through our Intro to Programming course.
Throughout this course, you’ll develop the following skills and capabilities and complete five projects:
- Construct responsive websites using CSS, Flexbox and CSS Grid
- Automate application build and deployment using Webpack
- Improve offline performance of websites using Service Worker
After completing this course, you’ll walk away with an RMIT credential which can be validated, recognised, and shared on social media platforms.
- Web APIs and asynchronous applications
- Build tools, Webpack, and Service Worker
Get RMIT credentialed
After completing an RMIT Future Skills course, you will earn an RMIT credential which can be validated, recognised and shared on social media platforms.
CSS and Web Layout
- Introduction to HTML
- Introduction to CSS
- Introducing Flexbox
- CSS Grid
- Creating responsive layouts
- The DOM
- Browser events
Web APIs and asynchronous applications
- Node and express environment
- HTTP requests and routes
Build tools, Webpack, and Service Worker
- Intro to Build tools
- Basics of Webpack
- Sass and Webpack
Learn with Industry Experts
Get ready to meet some of the biggest names in the business
Rachel is a front end web developer at Ac-quia and spent 3 years as the curriculum developer for a Silicon Beach bootcamp. An advocate for continued learning, she is passionate about mentoring women and students in technology.
Our Learner Success team are here to help you with any course enablement issues such as logins and passwords, withdrawals and deferrals, obtaining your RMIT badge, and more.
Why choose RMIT Online
Get a world-class education and transform your career.
Real world skills
Develop skills that have been validated by industry, while getting credentialed by a world-leading university.
You'll gain knowledge and practical skills from renowned industry partners who are at the forefront of their field.
Advance your career while you study. RMIT Online courses let you balance work, study and life commitments.
Be guided by a network of industry experts and peers, and supported by our dedicated success team.
Download a brochure
Register your interest to get a free course guide for Front End Web Developer.