Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication Strategy
Develop the digital communication strategy, story, content development and audience engagement skills to transform your career. Learn how to create and measure creative and compelling digital campaigns.
Why study Digital Communication Strategy
Digital communication strategy is concerned with the choices that individuals and organisations make, using digital platforms and technologies, to meet their communication goals. The process involves effectively communicating concepts, campaigns, and messages to deeply understand stakeholders, audiences, and consumers.
Our Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication Strategy has been designed for non-digital communications professionals, looking to expand their skillset and move into strategic roles. For experienced creative specialists, this program is suited for those looking to diversify and move into a broader communication role in their digitally maturing agency or another organisation.
What you'll learn
- Synthesise and apply media and cultural theories and industry trends to address contemporary issues in digital communication
- Apply innovative and creative approaches to formulate digital communication strategies across diverse digital platforms in both local and global contexts
- Analyse and evaluate techniques, tools, metrics and emerging analytical technologies in the context of legal frameworks
- Analyse the needs of diverse stakeholders and develop ethically, culturally and socially appropriate digital content and storytelling solutions
- Develop and respond to a communication brief and pitch content development concepts
- Communication strategy and story development
- Creativity and critical thinking
- Ethical and expert use of data in audience engagement
- Content strategy across all digital channels
- Briefing, pitching and managing digital campaigns
- Digital marketing or AI and Customer Experience Design
Strategy and Storytelling in Digital Communication
Communication strategy is only as good as the salience of its stories. Develop ethical and compelling communication strategies and stories. Learn the critical practice of finding, developing and telling stories in our changing digital and media landscape across digital platforms and channels.
- Critique and create omnichannel communications strategies on a range of platforms including digital platforms, appreciating governing regulations
- Create stories in response to a brief, using key concepts of effective storytelling, using creativity, critical thinking and ethical practice
- Develop visual, process and interactive representations of stories for different digital platforms
- Compare the effectiveness of digital stories based on their goals, the reactions of the public and other relevant factors
Audience Engagement, Ethics and Analytics
Develop ethical approaches to listen, engage, gather, interpret feedback and anticipate your audience’s needs. Evaluate online audience listening tools and create accurate target audience profiles. Utilising AI and machine learning tools, set up and measure campaigns, testing, and optimisation to improve a campaign’s effectiveness. Visualise data insights about audiences and campaigns and present these findings to decision makers.
- Create ethical and accurate target audience profiles using multiple data sources and techniques
- Use qualitative and quantitative data and metrics to measure audience engagement
- Interpret, visualise, and recommend decisions informing the measurement of campaign effectiveness
Developing and Managing Engaging Digital Content
Learn how to create different forms of digital content and manage content projects. Apply knowledge of communication strategy to create content that brings stories to life across digital platforms including video, social media, games and more.
- Apply knowledge of the uses of digital content formats and platforms to select the right formats and platforms for a communication brief
- Apply your understanding of effective processes of developing a range of digital content formats by creating low fidelity digital content
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your campaign pitch, brief, partners and content
Future Skills elective
For this course, choose one from the following two Future Skills elective bundles
Your learning team
Why choose RMIT Online
Get a world-class education and transform your career.
Real world skills
Develop skills that have been validated by industry, while getting credentialed by a world-leading university.
You'll gain knowledge and practical skills from renowned industry partners who are at the forefront of their field.
Advance your career while you study. RMIT Online courses let you balance work, study and life commitments.
Be guided by a network of industry experts and peers, and supported by our dedicated success team.
Successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) or at least three years’ professional experience in strategic planning, communication, media, advertising, marketing or other related positions.
To have your professional experience considered you must include in your application a CV and personal statement that details your experience.
International students are required to provide current evidence of English language proficiency for admission to RMIT University. You can provide your results from one of these three options:
An accepted English language proficiency test, or
An accepted English language provider, or
A recognised Australian or international qualification.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit the English language requirements and equivalency information.
Australian Student Visas
RMIT’s Online Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication Strategy does not meet Australian student visa requirements. For an Australian student visa, you must have an on-campus place in a program of study. For more details on RMIT’s on-campus programs visit rmit.edu.au.
$2,880 per course
Program total: $11,520 (all 4 courses) FEE-HELP and other support may be available