Josh is a versatile, results-oriented technologist with over 15 years experience in roles ranging from cloud transformation, solutions architecture and development leadership. He currently is a Technical Director for Cloud & Migrations at Versent and also an AWS APN Ambassador. He’s passionate about driving forward technology and enabling businesses to utilise cloud platforms to drive innovation. Josh holds a number of AWS certifications including AWS SysOps Administrator – Associate, AWS Developer – Associate, AWS Solutions Architect – Associate.
Cloud Solutions Architect
Master the technical skills to design, prepare, and optimise cloud computing environments. Effectively engage with stakeholders and accelerate your career towards becoming one of the top 10 most in-demand jobs as a solutions architect.
LinkedIn, ‘The Top Promising Jobs of 2019’, 2019
- Time commitment
- 6 weeks (8-10 hours per week) 100% online
According to the 2018 IT Skills and Salary Report by Global Knowledge, certified IT professionals such as those certified in Amazon Web Services (AWS), earn on average 9% more than their non-certified counterparts. In today’s digital age, the ability to combine technical cloud capabilities within
a human-centred business lens is vital for any IT professional looking to start or maintain a successful career within the industry.
Take a deep dive into AWS and utilise various tools to design and prepare optimised cloud
environments. Accelerate your career towards becoming a certified solutions architect with our
exclusive labs and prepare yourself for the AWS Cloud Solutions Architect Associate exam.
What makes this course different?
- Accelerated knowledge: While a 6-12 months experience is recommended to take the solutions architect exam this course can help accelerate your knowledge and experience in preparation for AWS Solutions Architect certification.
- Exclusive AWS authored material: You’ll get access to exclusive, AWS authored material especially designed to supplement knowledge gaps between technical and non-technical professionals.
- Hands-on lab activities: using AWS products and services, you’ll perform activities on the cloud and receive support from our expert industry partners. You will use several AWS Labs including Amazon EC2, Amazon VPC, Amazon EC2 AMI, Elastic Load Balancing, NAT Gateway, and Automatic Scaling.
You can find further detail about the lab activities by downloading a course brochure.
- Identify benefits, opportunities, and implications of solutions architecture and the future of cloud adoption.
- Apply expert-level knowledge to design an effective, highly available AWS environment for different business models.
- Adopt the Infrastructure as Code practice on AWS by creating templates, automating processes, and leveraging appropriate technologies.
- Optimise the core concepts of the AWS Well-Architected Framework and its Five Pillars to design and improve cloud architecture.
- Troubleshoot and resolve common errors on the AWS platform, plus utilise the correct AWS Support options.
- Synthesise critical technical and communication skills, now and in the future of a Solutions Architect.
- Adopt appropriate software development methodologies to improve productivity and efficiency in solutions architecture.
Get RMIT credentialed
After completing an RMIT Future Skills course, you will earn an RMIT credential which can be validated, recognised and shared on social media platforms.
- Understand the fundamentals of cloud computing and solutions architecture is shaping business
- Identify critical characteristics of a successful solutions architect
- Distinguish advantages of solutions architecture and identify potential risks for various use cases
- Align various cloud systems with possible use cases in a business
- Understand the business imperative of the cloud, the importance of stakeholder management and scoping strategic architecture projects
Environment and availability
- Design an effective cloud environment considering key influencing factors and elements that contribute to effective architecture design
- Design and scale your AWS environment for high availability including connecting load balancers to your cloud environments and implement improvements to the fault tolerance of your system
Infrastructure and web-scale media
- Optimise AWS Cloud Formation to create templates and automate your infrastructure deployment
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of decoupling infrastructure and how to improve scalability and performance by identifying bottlenecks in resource capacity
- Determine ways to implement architectural designs that scale over time
The AWS well-architected framework
- Comprehend the core concepts of AWS Well-Architected Framework and its Five Pillars of solutions to architecture excellence
- Design and construct successful AWS environments within the Operational Excellence pillar
- Identify appropriate tools and services to provide security focused content and design best practices
- Describe how a system can recover from and mitigate service disruptions, network issues, and misconfigurations
- Identify compute, storage, database, and network resources to improve the performance of your architecture, and identify design principles to achieve performance efficiency
- Optimise your cloud architecture to improve ongoing performance
Troubleshooting and design patterns
- Identify and troubleshoot common errors and understand AWS support options for different pricing tiers
- Understand high-availability design patterns and review scenarios with examples of sample architectures
Become a high-performing Solution Architect
- Distinguish the critical skills required for a solutions architect
- Comprehend critical considerations for business and solutions architecture in today’s digital age
- Identify the biggest opportunities for business in adopting solutions architecture
Learn with Industry Experts
Get ready to meet some of the biggest names in the business
Marcos has 15+ years of experience creating software solutions for local and international businesses. Currently employed by Versent in the role of Senior Cloud/DevOps engineer, Marcos consults to a number of high profile clients in the finance, telecommunications, media, public sector, and utilities industries. Marcos has extensive AWS credentials including AWS Certified Security – Specialty, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (SAP), AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate (SOA), AWS Certified Developer – Associate.
Our learner success team are here to help you with 1:1 coaching, tips on how to successfully study online, and any questions or concerns you may have.
Why choose RMIT Online
Get a world-class education and transform your career.
Real world skills
Develop skills that have been validated by industry, while getting credentialed by a world-leading university.
You'll gain knowledge and practical skills from renowned industry partners who are at the forefront of their field.
Advance your career while you study. RMIT Online courses let you balance work, study and life commitments.
Be guided by a network of industry experts and peers, and supported by our dedicated success team.
Download a brochure
Register your interest to get a free course guide for Cloud Solutions Architect.