Our industry mentors are available to provide 1:1 feedback and guidance on your course work. Mentors on this course include people like Cameron Hook. Cameron is a digital strategy and marketing professional with over 20 years' experience. Cameron has recently led Salesforce Marketing Cloud based projects for several clients including News Corp, Spirit of Tasmania, and ABDO bank.
Email Marketing Professional
Master email marketing strategy and tactics and deliver tailored messages to your target audience. Practically apply your skills on Salesforce Marketing Cloud through two projects and be prepped to take the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist exam.
- Time commitment
- 6 weeks (8-12 hours per week) 100% online
Become an expert in email marketing
Email marketing generates the top ROI of all digital marketing channels and is one of the key ways brands connect and communicate with their customers. As demand for businesses to deliver tailored, user-centric experiences continues to soar, the demand for email marketers has also increased.
One tool that marketers are employing to create custom conversations with their customers is Salesforce. Salesforce, one of the world’s top CRM platforms can deliver mass, automated, and personalised customer journeys to meet the needs of a demanding, diverse, and global audience.
Learn how to develop the strategic marketing skillset and drive customer value. Equip yourself with the skillset to deliver customised email marketing, make data driven decisions with insights, and create cross-channel campaigns. Prepare yourself to enter the industry with technical experience with on Salesforce’s Trailhead and complete your projects via our exclusive marketing cloud demo environment.
Identify the role of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) technology and understand its critical success factors
Synthesise the elements of the modern marketing mix to design an email campaign to achieve a business objective
Critically reflect on the roles and responsibilities organisations have in protecting the privacy and data of consumers, ensuring ethical use of personal data
Communicate professionally to ensure efficient and effective outcomes within diverse business environments an stakeholders
Our Email Marketing Professional course is intended for marketing and business professionals with a range of knowledge and experience. Ideal students will likely be:
- Early-intermediate level marketing professionals looking to further develop their email marketing insights and capabilities
- Career changers with no to little industry experience looking to fast-track their learning into the industry
- Salesforce professionals within the ecosystem looking to further develop their skills and broaden their opportunities
- Digital marketing agencies currently dealing with competition and looking for a point of differentiation
By the end of this course, you will have complete two projects on our marketing cloud demo environment – an email marketing campaign and a campaign implementation plan.
You will also be prepared to take the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Certification
Get RMIT credentialed
After completing an RMIT Future Skills course, you will earn an RMIT credential which can be validated, recognised and shared on social media platforms.
An Introduction to CRM marketing
- Identify the value and key benefits of CRM marketing for various business types
- Understand the importance of Customer Experience (CX) and how to create great CX in a CRM
- Understand key ethic, security, and data privacy concerns related to CRM marketing
Email marketing and the marketing mix
- Identify critical marketing tactics available to organisations today and into the future
- Demonstrate the value for email marketing withing the existing marketing mix
- Explain the six key components of marketing; data, content, testing, sending and automation
- Understand the features of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Email Studio
Data management and campaign design
- Comprehend the importance of integrating email marketing into a strategic marketing plan and as part of effective data-driven campaign design
- Identify strategies to create and manage email lists
- Identify strategies to build an email audience and create segments to deliver targeted email marketing
Campaign Fundamentals Setup
- Understand the functionality of Contact Builder and the difference between sendable and non sendable emails
- Prepare contact lists for email marketing campaigns
- Create relevant marketing content to achieve campaign goals via Salesforce Email Studio
- Comprehend the basic functions of Salesforce Content Builder to upload assets, develop content blocks and utilise templates
- Explore the importance of span protection, content validation, and content proving when preparing to launch a campaign
- Identify effective A/B tests to optimise campaign outcomes and the benefits and applications of email automation
- Understand automation on Salesforce Marketing Cloud and how to use the Journey Builder and Automation Studio.
Performance measurement and optimisation
- Understand how to measure performance and reporting on Salesforce
- Identify metrics to analyse and evaluate email campaigns for continuous improvement
- Learn successful approaches to passing the Marketing Cloud Email Specialist exam
Learn with Industry Experts
Get ready to meet some of the biggest names in the business
RMIT Online has built our courses in partnership with industry, providing you with the latest industry insights and best practices from the real world of work. Our subject matter experts on this course include people like Vamsi Gosu. Vasmi is a Salesforce Solution Architect working across different industry verticals in enterprise and government projects.
Our learner success team are here to help you with 1:1 coaching, tips on how to successfully study online, and any questions or concerns you may have.