Our industry mentors are available to provide 1:1 feedback and guidance on your course work. Mentors on this course include people like Yuri Gribanov. Yuri is a solution architect and developer with over 10 years' experience. He holds multiple Salesforce certifications including Platform Developer I and II, and the Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder.
Salesforce Platform Developer
Elevate your programming career by developing broader Salesforce knowledge in Apex and Visualforce. Gain critical business enablement capabilities in project management and effectively communicate and collaborate in your role to drive business value.
- Time commitment
- 6 weeks (8-10 hours per week) 100% online
Why learn to be a Salesforce Platform Developer?
This course will elevate your existing developer skillset within Salesforce, particularly in Apex and Visualforce, whilst also providing you with humancentred enablement capabilities. Learn key business skills in project management and effectively communicate and deploy these skills within
your role and drive business value.
By practically applying your skills in a Salesforce Trailhead, you’ll complete two projects: a platform design brief and the development of a platform on Trailhead that will demonstrate your capability as the next businessfocused Salesforce developer. Upon completing this course, you’ll also be prepped to take the Salesforce Platform Developer certification exam.
Identify the value of the Salesforce Platform can provide for business and its critical success factors
Synthesise elements of project management in design briefs for Salesforce platform use-cases
Apply knowledge of the Salesforce platform and skills and techniques to develop the platform environment
Communicate professionally to ensure efficient and effective outcomes within a diverse business environment and stakeholders.
Critically reflect on critical components of successful platform development to achieve sustainable business objectives
Our Salesforce Platform Developer course is intended for:
- Intermediate-senior developers looking to differentiate their skillset and leverage opportunities within the Salesforce ecosystem by obtaining certification.
- Senior Salesforce administrators or marketers looking to broaden their skills to include developer skills within their expertise.
- Development houses looking to differentiate themselves within the sector and take advantage of high demand within the industry
With basic programming skills in object-oriented coding and
some experience with Salesforce Lightning required, this
course will be for:
- IT developers
- Salesforce administrators and marketers
- App builders
Walk away with the critical technical skills in Apex and Visualforce and complete 2 projects: a project brief, and final platform development. You’ll also be prepped to undertake the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 exam.
Get RMIT credentialed
After completing an RMIT Future Skills course, you will earn an RMIT credential which can be validated, recognised and shared on social media platforms.
The Salesforce ecosystem
- Critically evaluate the key components and benefits of the Salesforce ecosystem
- Investigate the critical success factors, project goals, role of the customer, and team management considerations
- for successful developer projects
- Analyse customer requirements and user needs for effective project scoping and design
- Explore critical project scoping requirements to prepare a project brief
Data models and management
- Distinguish the component parts of data models and the Salesforce data model
- Utilise data modelling techniques to enable successful business outcomes within Salesforce
An introduction to logic and process automation with Apex
- Analyse the functionality and critical operators of Apex
- Compare Salesforce programming languages to effectively work within the Salesforce platform
- Maximise platform efficiency through best practice Apex
- Apply advanced Apex principles to extend functionality within Salesforce
- Utilise testing methodologies and approaches to ensure required platform outcomes
Visualforce and Aura
- Determine effective ways of utilising Visualforce and Aura to achieve business goals
- Design and create Visualforce pages to achieve business goals within Salesforce.
Lightning and the fundamentals of Apex debugging and deployment
- Determine the opportunities that Lightning provides developers and organisations
- Automate critical business processes through Lightning to deliver business value
- Evaluate developed solutions against planned and required outcomes
- Deploy platform developments in line with business and Salesforce requirements
Learn with Industry Experts
Get ready to meet some of the biggest names in the business
RMIT Online has built our courses in partnership with industry, providing you with the latest industry insights and best practices from the real world of work. Our subject matter experts on this course include people like Matt Robison. Matt is a technical architect and certified developer with 16 years in enterprise IT and software development. Matt also holds certifications in Salesforce Administrator, Sales Cloud Consultant, Salesforce Platform App Builder, and Salesforce Developer I and II.
Our learner success team are here to help you with 1:1 coaching, tips on how to successfully study online, and any questions or concerns you may have.